Friday 18 February 2011

My chosen picture for my school magazine


This is my finial photo I had chosen for my school magazine, I decided to chose this photo because of the angle of the photo was nice as I could fit the text around the photo. Even though there are chairs behind the student I knew I could change and create a different colour background so that the text was clearer and more easier to see. I also picked this photo because the student looks smart, representable and is looking directly at the camrea so it shows they are connecting with the people that look at the magazine cover and makes them think that the student is looking at you which gets that person involed.

The student is doing work, which shows them in a good light and representing the school in a good way. So I thought if iI have this as my front cover than students would think to do more work and want to do more work. I also decided to chose this photo as the Student is smiling which would attract people as it doesn't seem dull, plain and boring.

I knew this photo had potential to make a really good school magazine, the only problem I had with this photo was the colour it came out darker than I expected which let it down because if the picture was brighter it would have looked more inviting and appealing to the eye. Yet you dont get as much wow factor when you look at it because the colours are very dim with the black and whites and greys but with bright, colourful text and exciting, playful fonts and a different coloured background I knew it would attract students of a mixture of different ages.



No comments:

Post a Comment